Sunday 2 September 2018

Better Late Than Never!

I'm starting with an apology! This is my August Blog.....in September.....but I've been busy....honestly I have!!

Actually, August has been a time for Custom Knits which are always welcome!

The first one to come along was this wrap, knitted in Pure Scottish Aran Wool in a shade called Heather which was sent to South Australia


This was fast followed by a gentleman in London who wanted a sweater with a polo neck still in Pure Aran Wool in a Natural Shade - that is still a work in progress so I'll post a picture of it in my next blog. Next is a chap who wants a Custom Knit of this cardigan
but in a different size. Thought that might be the end of it but another message arrived for a Custom knit for this Baby Cardigan and Matching Hat - the original of this is in my Etsy shop on https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ScottishKnitwear - if you also want a Custom Knit!
Another Custom Knit Request arrived for this little hoodie but in Beige which is still a work in progress but will post the finished item once I have it modelled.

Needless to say, I have taken on two Production Partners to help me with the work as Scottish Knitwear, I hope, is on the ascent!

As long as I'm chatting, can I show you some Christmas items that are in my Etsy shop just now for children (I know, I know - the "C" word has been spoken!) 
This has been knitted to fit a child aged 2 - 3 years but can be Custom Knit to fit any age or size - even an adult!

Hand Knitted for a baby but can also be done in other sizes.....then lastly.........
A little 
 threesome - again for a baby but can be knitted to the size (or colour) you want.

Now this is a beauty - a Hand Knitted Beanie Hat in Pure Scottish Aran Wool in Red - warmth on the coldest of days!

Phew - ow can you understand why I'm late this month in posting my blog? Oh oh, nearly forgot - I did an interview in August for this article on Craft people!!
Now I do believe I need to go lie down after all this creativity!! 
I don't know if I mentioned to you before, but I also have a shop on

It's a new selling sight -and very early days and still finding it's feet but take a look at the site and give it a boost - from little acorns etc., 

Will be back at some point to let you see the latest makes but, if you want a Custom Knit please order early for Christmas - business in the knitwear section hots up in the cold weather - so don't be left out in the cold!

Written by Sandra Bean


Visit these links to learn more about Scottish Knitwear For Kids And Grown Ups - you're always welcome for a visit and haste ye' back!

No comments:

Post a Comment